If putting this three days late is wrong, I don’t want to be right! Accountability is hard, guys. Deadlines are hard. The important thing is that I’m back to shove articles and other media in your face—I’m reliable that way, if late.
I’ve already made you wait, so without further ado and nonsense from me, this week’s list!
- Did you guys hear about Barnes & Noble being sold? That store was such a huge part of my childhood that I actually ending up working there for years. I’d like to see them survive, and I think the strategy of tailoring them to the needs of their communities is a good one (the plan-o-gram model of universality always bugged me). I wish nothing but the best for them, but also capitalism is evil, etc, etc.
- The title alone has me hooked. Can’t wait to read Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows.
- I’m reading Homegoing, finally, and it’s incredible. 10/10 would recommend.
- Did you see this NY Post story? People are roasting it online…how out of touch can you get? I laughed out loud when I saw the reply, “my dad has bricked seven laptops” @shaun_jen. It goes without saying that a. Women have skills and we don’t seek mates who can build our Ikea furniture and b. Millennials can’t afford to buy houses because of the economy y’all ruined, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
- I had a shitty week (got passed over for a job, had an existential crisis about my professional life), but Wine Country was there for me when I needed it.
- On that note, Paula Pell (the GOAT) wrote a piece for Glamour that nearly moved me to tears.
- Start using the Co—Star astrology app if you want to get dragged to filth every day via push notifications (see above).
- Friday was National Donut Day and I didn’t even get to have one! I need to find some donut shops that don’t involve me driving into South Boston for Blackbird. Did you know they do weddings now? Guess I have to divorce my husband and remarry him to make this happen.
- An excellent take on the Hollywood boycotts of Georgia.
- The National’s new album is out and how am I just listening to it now???
- This article…affected me.
- Your bitch got published. A paper I wrote is going to be featured in Bridgewater’s Graduate Review. I’ll be sure to link it when it’s up!
Until next week! Or, rather, the end of this one.