Happy Game of Thrones Season Eight premiere day! I will not be watching with the rest of the world, since Michael and I are plugging away in season six, but soon I will be joining your ranks!
- Maisie Williams accidentally dropped some spoilers….
- This piece about who should win the game of thrones. Especially this section, by Katie Rife:
Yes, Daenerys Targaryen is the neoliberal of the A Song Of Ice And Fire universe, a charismatic but mostly policy-free figure who preaches peace and practices war. More specifically, she’s the Hillary Clinton of ASOIAF, riding her previous accomplishments on a wave of perceived inevitability into Westeros to claim the title she sees as rightfully hers. But you know what? Let her have it. Underneath her grand rhetoric about breaking chains and adopting entire populations, Daenerys is a practical leader, one who sees the virtue in surrounding herself with people who know what they’re talking about. She’s not one for feminine niceties, but what good will flattery do up against the likes of Cersei Lannister, let alone the Night King and his undead horde? She’s got advisors for that—like Tyrion Lannister, who makes a better Hand than he would a king, and would probably tell you as much if you asked him. Whether her promises of a lasting peace after all her enemies have been destroyed are real, well—that remains to be seen. But wouldn’t Jon Snow make a handsome king? Maybe he could take up baking cookies.
- Just found out about this and I couldn’t be more excited!
- I’m dreading having to do my laundry today (the worst chore), but this banger from Shakira’s 2001 album Laundry Service should help! This whole album is just about having small boobs, btw. Representation matters.
- I’m going to see Phoebe Robinson at The Wilbur on her “Sorry, Harriet Tubman” tour and I’m stoked! Never seen her live!
- Gimme this outfit.
- Hot people are stressful.
- I chopped all of my hair off, and I hate it, but the ends were like a bottle brush and it needed to be done. I’ll be obsessively searching Pinterest for growth tips. I’m going to try this—I’ll report back if I think it’s working!
- Not to be a total downer, but you can text the Samaritans. You’re NEVER alone.
- (877) 870-HOPE (4673)
- It’s my friend Annie’s 25th birthday today, so join me in singing!
So, who’s your choice for who should win Game of Thrones?
Have a great week!