This week was Valentine’s Day, and although I am the world’s least romantic person, I got to have Thai food and watch Freaks and Geeks with the bae after a long day’s work—V-Day success! Plus, this is a long weekend, so I am RELISHING the break. Here are a bunch of things that brightened my week (which felt really, really, really long, didn’t it?)
- It’s Valentine’s Week, as Logan Huntzberger might say, so the number one thing I love this week is Bae. The only cute bae nickname I can think of that hasn’t already been taken is “The Bae Harbor Butcher,” but that’s a pretty deep cut Dexter reference that no one would understand. Happy belated Valentimes to my hubby.
- Have I really never linked to the incredible Etta James song that is the inspiration for this series? Shame on me.
- Kehinde Wiley & Amy Sherald’s portraits of President and First Lady Obama are gorgeous (and historical!) 44 for life.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is going on tour! I must, must, must see this in Boston!
- I literally do not understand how I haven’t discovered Out of Print yet. These Composition Notebook leggings are giving me heart palpitations. C’mon with this tote bag. And this shopper! Poe-ka Dots is the cutest pun ever. I need these pins. And someone please, for the love of all that is holy, get me this shirt. And this necklace.
- Throwback to Rap Lyric Valentines!
- Madewell sale is an extra 20% off this weekend, and I need this jumpsuit, like yesterday. And I don’t need this bag, but that’s never stopped me before.
- I’m excited to start watching this show. According to Julie Klausner, who blessed us with an episode of How Was Your Week for Valentine’s Day, it’s beautifully moving.
- I just got this audiobook and I am so, so, so excited to listen! Lindy is the G.O.A.T.
- Bae and I will probably go see Black Panther this weekend—I’m so excited! I’m not a superhero person at all (I basically just like Jessica Jones), but it apparently lives up to the hype! Now if I could only get around to watching Wonder Woman…
Enjoy your short week next week!