Good morning, friends! I know it’s…Tuesday, but Sunday was Mother’s Day, aka the worst day of the year, so I took a knee and bailed on the post. This week I’ve been reminiscing a lot about England, how fortunate I was to get to live there for the better part of a month. It was a dream come true, and I can’t imagine not recreating the experience again soon.
The rest of this post has exactly nothing to do with any of that, it was just on my mind.
Enjoy this week’s round-up!
- Johnathan Rice’s new album, The Long Game, is out!
- The Netflix show Dead to Me is SO GOOD. I can’t stop watching it.
- This article makes me want to wash my sheets twice a week.
- I am obsessed with this dress! I scored it on clearance in store for even cheaper (and during a 20% sale), so check your store to see if it’s in stock. Size up because Wild Fable is junior’s!
- Now that I caved and got Allbirds (I love them, by the way—they absolutely lived up to the hype), should I get Rothy’s? The pointed yellow ones are calling my name…and they’re washable!
- Boston is getting a new art museum!
- I cried just reading about the new Linda Ronstadt documentary. I can’t wait to watch it.
- Maris Kreizman wrote this devastating piece for The Atlantic and it nearly broke me.
- It’s been a week and I still can’t tell how I feel about this SNL short. Is it genius or the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen?
- I’m going to read this book next—I’m totally fascinated by French culture in general, but French motherhood is something I think Americans can really learn from.
- Is the velvet trend finally over? I mean, I’m going to keep a couple of pieces, but I’m glad to see it go. Like off-the-shoulder tops—what were we thinking? What do you think the next inescapable trend will be?
Until next week!