Last week was rushed and short so this will be a mega-post! Or should I say a “Mega Thee Stallion” post? A lot of cool shit is going on this week, or in some cases, has been going on for ages and my dumb ass is just discovering it! Without further ado, let’s get into it!
- Cameron Esposito wrote a beautiful piece for Modern Love, and also her book is now available for pre-order!
- Speaking of books I can’t wait to read, JOSH GONDELMAN’S BOOK IS OUT.
- I’m currently reading A Visit from the Goon Squad and just finished The Wedding Party.
- MANDY MOORE PUT OUT A NEW SONG. Listen to “When I Wasn’t Watching.”
- Also, Brittany Freaking Howard put out a solo album!
- I’m going to a quinceañera today and I’m wearing this dress.
- 100% making this bag. I already have the supplies in my Amazon cart.
- I started listening to the Reply Guys podcast and Julia & Kate are a joy! Everyone needs more feminist, leftist talk in their lives. I also finally started listening to Las Culturistas (I run a Bowen Yang Stan Household) and it has quickly become my favorite podcast. Also, CONGRATS to Bowen on joining the cast of SNL!
- Betty Gilpin on WTF with Marc Maron goes deep.
- I am undone by this popsicle mold. Everything should be daisies.
- I know this is a WEIRD one, but I’m team cottage cheese > yogurt every day. This brand is delicious and the strawberry chia is extremely my shit.
- Of course I started watching Derry Girls.
- Did you read the Lauren Duca takedown piece? Honestly a bummer. Here’s the rebuttal. Is it bad that I still want to read her book?
- I wanna see Hustlers.
- Someone PLEASE buy me this coat, for the love of god.
- My therapist keeps recommending meditation before bed…should I try Calm or is that too podcast-y?
- How did I…just…get into Megan Thee Stallion? “W.A.B” ruined me.
- Have I introduced you to my Twitter crush?
- I’m tutoring “Sir Gawain and the Green Knight” today and, honestly, when’s the last time you read a late medieval poem? Get on that.
- It’s Bi Visibility Day/Week/Month (depending on your source) and it’s really, really important. Here’s some reading material to get you prepped! (Also, I’ve been wearing this necklace a little bit extra lately…)
Song of the week: “Never Really Over” by Katy Perry
Okay, actually this has been the song of my WHOLE SUMMER. A truly underappreciated bop!
And with that, I leave you, my dearest loves. Until next week!