- Had to commemorate one of most iconic moments in all of culture.
- I’ve been rewatching New Girl and marveling at how well-written it is. I may or may not be screen-grabbing iconic lines and posting them to Twitter…
- Am I going to be the person who buys the trendy pan? I don’t want to add “trendy pan person” to my already insufferable identity but alas, my resolve is weak. Thankfully it’s sold out in the color I want.
- Speaking of utterly insane shit I’ve done or thought about doing this week, I bought a retro mini-fridge for my office for drinks and snacks. Y’know, my office which is…next to the kitchen. In my defense, kombuchas take up a lot of valuable fridge real estate! It has a freezer too, so I can stock up on the lemon sorbet bars to which I am addicted. Also, I’ve cut my alcohol consumption by a huge amount, but I’ve always fancied one day having a wine fridge.
- This is the cutest goddamned outfit I’ve ever seen in my life.
- Speaking of sets, I got this hoodie and these joggers because I’m clearly never leaving my house again.
- Always been very flattered that the best style of boots is named after me. And speaking of my name, this t-shirt is so cute. My husband got a kick out of me wearing it.
- My holiday dress is super on sale.
- I finally bought a light therapy lamp because my winter blues were out of control. It could just be a placebo effect but I really think it helps!
- Half of my brain thinks that single-use kitchen gadgets are stupid and half of my brain bought this egg cooker. (Update: I love it and it’s perfect. They’re under $20 at Target!)
- I want to fill my entire house with this entire line.
*extremely DJ Khaled voice* Another one!
Did I start this a week ago and then forget about it? Yes! What is time??? This week…sucked. I believe, by volume, I ingested more white wine than food. It took a month, but quarror (quar horror) finally caught up with me and I’m miserable. Going forward, I’m going to make a more concerted effort to get outside in the sunshine and take care of myself (i.e. eat a fruit, stop drinking, take more than 188 steps per day). What else can be done??
- ARE YOU WATCHING NORMAL PEOPLE??? I thought I’d gotten “Hide & Seek” by Imogen Heap out of my head 10 years ago but I guess not!
- Speaking of Imogen, I always preferred “Headlock.”
- I cannot recommend the book Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb enough. I mean, I’m a BIG therapy-head, but even if you’re not obsessed with psychotherapy, it’s fascinating.
- And on that note, I just discovered Bookshop and I am so excited about it.
- We finally painted my bedroom! We used the color “Rainwater” by Behr for our accent wall, and even though it’s definitely a bigger statement than I intended, I get a jolt of joy every time I look at it.
- In light of my bedroom makeover, I bought an air purifier, which we’ve needed for ages! We have a cat, a girl with long hair (guilty), and two adults that hate dusting (double guilty). My husband has allergies, and when we redid our bedroom walls I learned that I am severely allergic to dust, so it’s about time we got proactive!
- I started watching Mrs. America on Hulu and I am loving it, even though it’s about one of history’s most terrible monsters who is single-handedly responsible for the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment (which could still be a thing if the remainder of the states would ratify it…haha jk…unless?)
- Grocery delivery is my new favorite thing. My grocery store finally has available time slots after the initial online order boom. Even though I know the gig economy is…problematic, I feel good about giving delivery drivers work and tips during a potentially financially unstable time! Obviously, though, we’re respecting Instacart strikes and not crossing picket lines!
- I need this item.
- I love these phone cases. I got this one for my husband and this one for me, since cases are BOGO right now. I may or may not have also accessorized mine with a matching card case & AirPod case…
- I finally got bored enough in quar that I started a sourdough starter. Wish me luck, I guess? Odd choice after I just learned I have a sensitivity to wheat but okay!
This song ends the first episode of Mrs. America and it cannot be overstated how much of a banger it it.
Until next week! Hopefully!
RIP to the campaign of the greatest of all time. Bernie has shown up for this country time and time again, and I know he’ll keep showing up for its ungrateful ass until he draws his last breath. I’m so proud I got to vote for this man—so many people were denied that opportunity by our truly psychotic and unjust “democratic” primary system.
On a less soul-crushingly depressing note, chag Pesach sameach to all those who are observing! It’s so tough being isolated during a holiday season (although I only begrudgingly celebrate Easter because my mother-in-law is a great cook and she pops off for the holidays). And before you yell at me, we have a very small circle (just me, my husband, and his parents) that still sees each other. We are taking precautions to keep each other safe. I’m literally cut off from my entire family and all my friends so do not come for me.
That got kind of serious but, I think it’s just a sign of the times. As Bowen Yang eloquently put it on Las Culturistas, we’re living in a coronavirus monoculture. Everything we do and say is affected by its presence, even this frivolous weekly round-up post.
- Kacey Musgraves’ entire house is perfect. From her closet to her living room to her dining room, perfection.
- Where are we getting our grocery deliveries from? I’ve actually still been going to the store, as infrequently as possible, but it seems prudent to take more precaution. I know Instacart was striking, so I don’t want to be a scab, but also my grocery store is partnered with Instacart specifically. Unfortunately, I live *just* far enough away from Boston (literally 23 miles from Fenway Park), so Imperfect Foods doesn’t deliver to my zip, and other options are pretty limited.
- I’m pretty decent at doing at-home nails, but since we may never be able to get manicures again, should I get this? I’m very intrigued…
- This Etsy shop is making adorable masks!
- I desperately need these. Now to deal with the computer cords at the back of my desk…
- I cannot stress enough how much you need to be playing the Spelling Bee game. It is my lodestar in these dark times. A true pleasure! Do I only play educational/education-adjacent games? Yes! Should you pity my future children? Definitely!
- Amazon Classics (if you’re a piece-of-shit, neolib, corporate shill like me who still uses Amazon) has a bunch of Kindle books for free right now. All of the classics! 1984, Jane Eyre, Little Women, you name it! Some of them are available just to borrow, but some can be purchased for $0.00, so they’re all yours! I went nuts…I guess this means I have to buck up and start reading proper literature instead of Reese Witherspoon’s book club picks.
- This tweet is very specific to my interests, but it filled me with joy in a pandemic, so I had to share it.
- May Designs is making the cutest face masks! I’m so glad to see so many companies stepping up and using their resources to encourage people to wear masks. Masks protect other people from you!
- John Prine passed away this week from COVID. I wasn’t personally very familiar with his oeuvre, but he inspired so many of the artists I love. His impact was immeasurable and he will be missed. Marc Maron reposted his 2016 interview, if you, like me, want to get to know him better. I asked my husband to recommend a John Prine song I’d like…I had no idea he wrote this. It’s a perfect song.