Good morning! This week was truly tough for me. It almost ended in hospitalization (what a great way to miss family Easter that would have been). Oh yeah, it’s Easter, so enjoy that if Christianity is something you do. I’ll just be buying discount candy tomorrow.
Here’s some dope shit from the week!
- QUEEN JESUS LIZZO’S NEW ALBUM IS OUT! Stream Cuz I Love You, or buy it with human money, you nerd.
- Can’t get enough of “Hard Case” by Tedeschi Trucks Band.
- Donald Glover made a movie with Rihanna???
- All of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is now on Netflix, so I know what you’re doing with your weekend! I just finished the series and will probably binge the whole thing from the beginning.
- Fell in love with Pixi by Petra Mattelast Liquid Lip. Actually, Pixi in general.
- Sansa Stark really is that bitch.
- Donate to Elizabeth Warren’s campaign. Sure, there are a few great options for 2020 but Warren has been out here in these streets putting out progressive policy and being an unequivocal badass every damn day. A donation to her is a small way of saying that policy matters. Lol, remember how, 4 years ago, every bro said that they’d totally vote for a progressive like Warren, just not Hillary? They lied (duh) and it’s gonna be a long fight.
- Brandy Jensen is therapy.
- I’m just here for the Cardi.
- I finally pulled the trigger on subscribing to Dear Prudence on Slate Plus and the Magnum edition of the Savage Lovecast. It’s called self-care.
- I’m dumb and didn’t realize that my favorite tattoo/piercing place opened up a Boston location…years ago. Can’t wait to get more work done!
- How to Break Your Single-Use Plastic Habit.
- If you’ve been reading for a while, you know I go back and forth about alcohol, but this is a fun little list if you want to impress at your next dinner party.
And last but certainly not least, I was heartbroken to learn about the Notre Dame fire this week. I was so fortunate to be able to see it last summer, even if I didn’t get to spend nearly as much time admiring it as I may have liked. It’s breathtaking, living history, and I’m so glad to know that much of the art, artifacts, and relics were saved.