Look, am I really just making this so that I can send it to my husband because he asked what I wanted for Christmas? Honestly yes. Prices range from literally $8 to $300 so it’s basically impossible to disappoint me. Online window shopping is one of my favorite activities, so, in a way, simply making this list was its own gift. Here are all the (mostly) practical things on my Christmas list this year.
- HARP Designs Classic Hairpins – Shelly makes the most iconic jewelry in the game, and these hairpins combine fashion and function. I’m such a dork that I “tested” using the hair pins with a cheap set from Target, and I’m absolutely sold. I want one in every size!
- On that note, I would also like a pair of these in every size, starting with the largest. Hoop girl for life. P.S. HARP is 20% off sitewide right now with the code “ENJOYBY2020.”
- Tiffany Mini Double Heart Tag Pendant – I feel like owning something from Tiffany is kind of a rite of passage, don’t you? This necklace is super dainty and timeless.
- Roxanne Assoulin Color Therapy Bracelet Big Set in Pink – I’ve wanted these forever! I also love this rainbow bracelet set (Shopbop).
I hate wearing anything on my feet (flower child forever), but people are constantly getting on me to at least wear socks or slippers in the winter. Perhaps I can be convinced if I get one of the following pairs…
- Minnetonka Moccasin Lolo Slippers in Blush / Nordstrom
- Sam Edelman Jinnie Faux Fur Slipper in Blush
- UGG Fluff Yeah Slide Slippers / Nordstrom
- UGG Scuffette II Slippers in Leopard or June Gloom
- Madewell Leopard Slippers
It’s bad enough that I live in a cold climate, so do all snow boots have to be super ugly? For the past few years, I’ve avoided being outdoors in inclement weather at all costs, but when I did have to traverse the snow, I just wear a cheap pair of faux leather riding boots from Target that I don’t care about ruining. This year I think it’s time to finally invest in a decent pair, and knowing me, they’ll last the rest of my life due to how infrequently I’ll wear them. And hey, maybe when the virus is less of a constant looming lethal threat, I’ll go skiing to really justify the purchase.
- Sorel Joan of Arctic Next Snow Boot in White or Mauve Vapor – I can’t picture a more classic snow boot.
- UGG Adirondack III Waterproof Boot in Charcoal / Nordstrom
- Sorel Out N About Plus Waterproof Bootie in Alpine Tundra
- Hunter Original Waterproof Chelsea Rain Boot in Cavendish Blue or Yellow – I mean, theoretically a rain boot would also be a sufficient snow boot.
- Prada Mini Bag Combat Boot (size 10.5 please, they run small!) – Okay, this is actually a joke since these are way beyond my budget and I’d never allow anyone to spend this much money on me. A girl can dream, though!
- SMEG Retro Style Electric Tea Kettle in Pink / Pastel Blue / Cream – Smeg is my dream appliance brand. If/when (optimism!) I ever become a woman of means, I want an entire Smeg kitchen. I’ve always loved retro/mid-century design, and I truly thought I’d be over it by now, as I approach my 30s and my tastes refine, but nope! I’m a mid-century girl for life. Now I just have to somehow pick between those three colors. This Pastel Blue set comes with a 2-slice pop-up toaster, which I actually also need. Compelling…
- SMEG Drip Coffee Maker in Pink / Pastel Blue / Cream – So, I have about every coffee accoutrement under the sun, but I actually have never owned a drip coffee machine! I think it would be nice to brew a whole pot of coffee in the morning that would actually stay warm until I went for seconds. Right now I use a French Press or Chemex for brewing more than single cups. The Smeg machines also come in bundles with grinders – Cream / Pastel Blue – which would be a dream coffee bar setup.
- Retro Microwave – I rarely use the microwave in my house because I’m one of those odious people that heats up leftovers on the stove/in the oven when time permits. The microwave we have now is perfectly fine, but it’s bulky and takes up a ton of counter space. This one is tiny, which is totally fine because we never have occasion to put a full dinner plate in there. I also love this Nostalgia model, as it’s on legs, which would make cleaning the counter so much easier, but it’s actually bigger than my current one.